Sunday, November 25, 2007

O Christmas Tree...

I had the pleasure of working at the Johnson Tree Farm this weekend. Farmer Rob (Johnson) and his family run the place. It sits on a beautiful patch of land about 25 minutes from our house. Farmer Rob is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He's a very kind man, with a huge heart. He loves kids, and is giving high-fives to 5-year-olds all day.

The Farm is a very special place. Not only can you hunt down your Christmas tree, but you can also take a wagon ride around the property, feed the goats, rabbits, and chickens, or curl up with some hot cocoa in front of the fire. It's neat to see so many families, many who have made a tradition of coming year after year.

Although this might come as a shock to some, I'm a proponent of real Christmas trees. Nothing artificial in my house! We need little reminders of creation in our houses, and the smell and feel and sight of a real tree help with that. I suppose the best would be to have a live tree, but I don't know enough about that yet, so a formerly live tree will have to do.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Lyndsay said...

Hey Jer and Carrie, I found your blog rather randomly through a few others. How are you? I LOVE farmer Rob and his farm. I always took my 3rd graders there for a Simple Machines field trip. It was hands down the best field trip I've ever been on! I miss going there. I hope you guys are well and enjoying life!

Lyndsay Schenk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home